What is salicylic acid? Anti-acne advice from dermatologists
Salicylic acid, also known as BHA, is a fat-soluble organic acid certified by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). Since Dr. Kligman published the efficacy of salicylic acid in the Journal of Dermatologic Surgery in 1997, it has become an important ingredient in the medical aesthetics world and is recommended by many dermatologists.
What is salicylic acid?
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that occurs naturally in plants such as willow bark. Salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and also acts as an exfoliant to remove dead skin cells. The American Academy of Dermatology recommend using a skin care product containing salicylic acid to treat certain types of acne, including:
- Pustules: Pus-filled pimples.
- Papules: Small, hard bumps which may give a rough or textured feel to the skin.
- Blackheads: A small bump with a black surface. Blackheads develop as a result of a blockage within a hair follicle.
- Whiteheads: A completely blocked follicle.
TYPES OF ACNE
What are the benefits of salicylic acid for the skin?
Salicylic acid is an important ingredient in skin care products used to treat acne.
- Exfoliates the outer layer of the skin
- Unclogs pores and controls excess oil
- Removes blemishes and red spots
- Smooths and evens skin tone
- Helps to break down pimples and comedones.
What causes acne?
Dermatologists say there are four main reasons for acne：
- Abnormal epidermal metabolism
- Strong sebum secretion
- Bacillus acnes infection
- Hormonal influence
How to treat acne?
There are many ways to treat acne. It is necessary to fundamentally improve the acne problem, maintain a healthy stratum corneum and sebum film, and prevent acne from becoming seriously inflamed. Dermatologists said that the skin of patients with acne-prone skin is relatively fragile. In the acne stage of acne and slight redness, the medicinal ingredients of salicylic acid can be selected for skin care products. Due to the lipophilicity of salicylic acid, it is easy to stay on the skin surface, can promote the metabolism of keratinocytes and epidermal cells to achieve anti-acne effect. Remember to use sunscreen after using skin care products containing salicylic acid.
HD 2% SALICYLIC ACID SERUM
HD Acne Solution is lightweight and easily absorbed. 2% salicylic acid exfoliates and promotes faster cell regeneration to minimize the appearance of blemishes, redness, large pores and wrinkles.
- Please refer to our customer reviews and clinical cases .
Recommended skincare products for acne-prone skin
HD CALENDULA HERBAL EXTRACT ESSENCE
HD DEEP CLEANSING MAGIC MUD MASK
How to order skincare products ?
If you have a demand of purchasing wholesale skincare and makeup products , please don't hesitate and feel free to contact us !
Why choose Flyup Cosmetics?
Flyup is a beauty brand specializing in wholesale medical-grade makeup and skincare products to pharmacies, clinics and salons around the world. Our products recommended by dermatologists and professionals.
- “Quality is our culture”Our main ingredients are imported from FRANCE, GERMANY and SWISS. We also have the ISO22716 GMP certificated.
- “Time is gold”for you and for us , we can provide quality services and free marketing materials.
- “Low MOQ”We have ready stock and provide first trial order with no minimum quantity.